TV and movies would have you believe that marijuana is only used by lazy “stoners”—and that couldn’t be further from the truth. While there are certain strains that can promote total relaxation and deep sleep, our customers use our wide range of varieties, as well as our CBD products, to help them overcome social anxiety, be more talkative and social, and tap into their productivity to get things done.
In this article, we’ll talk about some of the reasons that different strains of cannabis produce different side effects, and we’ll discuss the wide array of products to try if you’re interested in using marijuana to boost your own creativity and productivity.
The science behind using cannabis for creativity
In pop culture and probably in your everyday life, there seems to be plenty of evidence pointing to weed’s creative powers. After all, the plant has been praised over the years by everyone from Jimi Hendrix to Steve Jobs. Many artists and creatives have attributed some of their best work to the fact that they regularly consumed marijuana while creating it.
But since such testimonials are hard to quantify, we have to stick to what the experts say. In a study conducted by leading cannabis researcher Dr. Gráinne Schafer, it was noted that when it comes to using cannabis to unlock creativity, it depends on how creative you were in the first place.
Among those Dr. Schafer studied, the biggest creative boosts on weed came from participants who don’t consider themselves very creative in general. For those individuals, marijuana seemed to unlock thoughts and ideas they may not have noticed otherwise. Conversely, those participants who already identified as being creative didn’t experience the same boost in creativity after taking cannabis—although it’s important to note that the study didn’t reflect any decreases in creativity levels for these individuals.
Choosing marijuana strains to increase productivity
Although marijuana has a longstanding reputation for making users feel lethargic and couch-locked, many of our customers use these four popular strains to achieve just the opposite:
- White Buffalo. This lightly aromatic and earthy strain is known to produce a calm but mellow high that’s perfect for using during the productive hours of the day. Users report feeling energized but without any feelings of anxiety or paranoia.
- Sour Diesel. This well-known strain was first introduced in the 1990s, and is well known for its stimulating effects that users say are similar to a shot of espresso in the morning. Since Sour Diesel is sometimes reported to induce an elevated heart rate, it is not typically recommended for those who suffer from anxiety.
- Golden Goat. Containing flavors of fruit, citrus and spice, Golden Goat is a tasty strain that can produce feelings of positivity—and even a case of the giggles. Many users report feeling an immediate sense of calm and alertness that makes this strain great for cleaning house or cranking through other daily responsibilities.
- Super Lemon Haze. This strain consists of a cross between Super Silver Haze and Lemon Skunk. Users swear by its ability to invigorate and energize—without nervous or anxious side effects.
Tips for sourcing and purchasing the right weed
It may not surprise you to learn that not all marijuana is created equal. As with any supplement, different strains, brands and products can vary greatly in terms of quality, potency and your overall experience. Below are some things to consider as you peruse our inventory.
- Marijuana comes in a wide variety of formats that can significantly impact your experience. Smoking or vaping, for example, tends to result in an immediate high that can last anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours. Ingesting tinctures or edibles, on the other hand, generally comes with a stronger, full-body high that can last as long as 8 hours. Before trying a new product, be sure to talk with an experienced friend or one of our budtenders about what kind of experience you can expect.
- Several factors go into choosing the right marijuana strain for you. First and foremost, it’s good to know that each strain incorporates different levels of Indica (which is known to promote calmness/sleepiness) and Sativa (which is associated with a more energized feeling). If you’re concerned about taking too much, you may want to check out our simple guide to marijuana dosages here.
- If it’s your first time visiting a dispensary, that’s exciting! Check out our guide on what to expect, and read our visitor tips for safely, legally and responsibly enjoying during your stay in Colorado.
Got questions about using marijuana to unlock your creativity and productivity? Drop us a line, or give us a call and let our friendly budtenders answer all your questions.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.